ICT Key Enabling Technologies at the Service of European Citizens and Cities, Rome
This event is being held under the auspices of the Italian Presidency of the EU and will bring together a broad collection of key stakeholder groups from industry and the policy makers to the cities.
The aim of the first day is to share practical experiences and ideas about how advanced Photonics and Micro/Nanoelectronics technologies can boost the competitiveness of European industry and deliver innovative solutions to societal challenges. There will be a particular emphasis on the use of these solutions in Smart Cities and Smart Communities. The second day will focus on sharing experiences and developing strategies for accelerating the large-scale deployment of LED lighting in European cities.
You will have the opportunity to hear the views of and interact with many distinguished personalities including:
• Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission
• Stefania Giannini, Minister of Education, University and Research of Italy
• Dario Franceschini, Minister of Cultural Heritage of Italy
• Claudio De Vincenti, Vice-Minister of Economic Development of Italy
• Zoran Stančič, Deputy Director-General, DG Connect, European Commission
• Paul Timmers, Director, Sustainable & Secure Society, DG Connect, European Commission
• Khalil Rouhana, Director, Components & Systems, DG Connect, European Commission
• Luigi Nicolais, President of CNR, Italy
• Francesco Profumo, President of IREN, Italy
as well as mayors and high-level cities representatives of Albertslund, Barcelona, Budapest, Eindhoven, Florence, Genoa, Gothenburg, Nantes, Rome, Turin, Wuppertal and senior representative from industry such as: EL.EN, NXP, OCLARO, OSRAM, PHILIPS, PRIMA INDUSTRIES, ST MICROELECTRONICS, ZUMTOBEL.
This conference will be of particular interest to the following audience:
• Public authorities in the Energy/Health/Industry sectors
• Government authorities / agencies and financial institutions at European, national or regional level, cities and municipalities representatives
• Scientists and research bodies senior managers involved in the photonics and micro/nanoeletronics fields
• Industry and SMEs in the photonics and micro/nanoeletronics fields
Please note that the attendance is free of charge but registration is required. The limited places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
You can register at the following link: http://goo.gl/FMXB1Y
A more detailed agenda and other practical information can be found at: http://tiny.cc/w5wfmx
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 09:00 to Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 17:00